The Secret Code provides a way for Organizers to grant specific Attendees access to the event without prior registration. This feature is great for last-minute Attendees because it gives them easy access to the platform with little intervention from your side - you won't have to create that user manually.
How to create a Secret Code
To enable the feature, follow these steps:
- Open the Event settings module in the Studio, then navigate to the Access & Privacy tab.
- Switch the Secret Code toggle ON.
- Define a secret code - 5 characters minimum.
- Use this feature with discretion. Anyone with the Secret Code will have access to your event's content. For that reason, we only recommend sharing the code after the event has begun, and preferably on-site, to avoid the code from being shared with other users.
- You will need to communicate this code to those particular Attendees personally. Either in person, through your database's email engine, or any other preferred communication tool.
- There are different ways to access an event with a secret code. The easiest one would be sharing this link with the user to join the event. For more information on how to use a secret code, refer the user to this article.
- Once the user has joined the event, it will be listed in the default Attendee group.
- We recommend adding the users yourself, in the traditional ways, if you need to keep track of those who access the event.