"The real challenge is not technology, it's its adoption."
Why is that important?
In order to inform your participants that your event uses a networking tool, you must set up a precise communication strategy.
It is crucial to communicate about the platform to:
- Inform participants
- Increase your commitment
- Bring added value
- Generate better statistics
A few figures....
- 76% of networking starts before the event on the web app
- 90% of on-site interactions are done via the application
- 5 contacts per user are made on average BEFORE the event
- 100% of the events following this guide reach a higher level of commitment!
The purpose of this step is to announce the existence of the platform to your participants.
You need to present it as a tool that saves them time, allows them to meet the right people and improves their event experience.
In this way, you stimulate their interest and curiosity.
2) "Wow" effect
This second step concerns the opening of the platform.
Participants' patience is rewarded when they discover an attractive and user-friendly platform.
Everything must be perfect!
This is the third phase of our strategy. Participants should be enthusiastic about building new relationships before the event.
Once participants have discovered the platform, they begin to explore its features and understand its benefits.
You must therefore stress on the importance of preparing the visit in advance.
This fourth phase concerns the use of the platform on site.
Encourage participants to download the mobile application and use it during the event. This will encourage interaction between participants, generate a return on investment and significantly increase their satisfaction.
Expectation and results
Once the platform is open to the public, the statistics generated can greatly help you to adapt your communication with your attendees, exhibitors and other stakeholders.
- If you notice a low usage rate after sending your first emails, you can assume that it is necessary to communicate more on the event platform.
- On the other hand, if you notice a high adoption rate in the application but very little interaction between your attendees and exhibitors, it is time to communicate more deeply about the platform's features.
Swapcard and its statistics allow you to measure your actions. This type of data can be very useful to improve and market future events.
Try it for yourself!