When you create a session in your program, you are invited to fill in several fields proposed by default: location, type, topics, description. If you wish to add fields specific to your event, you can create custom fields.
A custom field allows you to display additional information about the sessions and to add a filter on your program (in addition to the 3 default filters: type, location, topics).
To implement these elements in the Event Studio, go to "Event Data >Sessions >Sessions Settings."
- Step 1: create a custom field
- Step 2: define the values associated with the created fields
- Step 3: complete the field for each session
- Step 4: activate the fields created in filters (optional)
Step 1: Create a custom field
The first step is to create the custom field. To do this, click "Add Custom Field," determine the label and format of the field.
The "Single Choice" and "Multiple Choices" formats allow you to predefine possible choices (called values - see step 2) while the other formats create to free fields.
Step 2: Define the values associated with the created field
Once the field has been created, you have to set the parameters of this field by defining the following elements:
- The section in which the field will appear on the session.By default, custom fields are created in the "Information" section. You can leave them in this section or create a new one by clicking on "Create a section."
- The field properties :
- Visible on the page: should the field be displayed on the session?
- Included in the search: will the values be used in the search? It is recommended not to activate this option on too many fields to keep the relevance of the search.
- The values, i.e. the different options available for this field - only in cases where the format is "Single Choice" or "Multiple Choices":
- To do this, click on "Add a value," then enter a possible option for this field and click on the "Validate" button.
That's it, your custom field is now created!
You can change the order in which the custom fields appear by keeping the icon clicked and dragging the mouse up or down.
Step 3: Complete the field for each session
Now that you have created your custom field, it must now be fill in for each session. You have 3 possibilities:
- Via a synchronization: You can use this custom field in the synchronization to import session into your event.
- Via the Excel file: Go back to the list of sessions (Event Data > Sessions) and click on "Add sessions" to download the Excel file template. You will then see that one (or more if you have created several custom fields) new column has been added after the K column. You can then fill this column with the values for each session and reimport the file into your Event Studio.
- Make sure to respect the format you defined when creating the field. E.g.: if you have chosen the "Single choice" format, you should insert only one value per session (otherwise an error message will be displayed when you try to reimport the file).
- Manually in your Event Studio: Go back to the list of sessions (Event Data Sessions) and click on a session. On this page, your custom field appears, allowing you to edit the value(s) you want to associate for that session.
Step 4: Activate the fields created in filters (optional)
If you do not do this last step, the fields will only appear on the sessions.
In order for the created field to appear as a filter in the schedule, you have to activate this new filter. To do this, go back to the home page and click on the pencil beside your schedule button, then go to the "Data" tab. Here, tick the fields you want to appear as filters.
Note* If your event is multilingual, please note that all the elements composing a custom field can be translated.