With our In-App Registration feature, you can have your Attendees register to your event directly within the platform!
This feature allows Participants to join the event and have instant access to your content, as well as Swapcard's networking features (i.e. Messages, Meetings, Sessions, etc.), all within the platform.
How to enable the feature
Enabling In-App Registration is simple! Just follow these steps:
- In the Studio, go on your Event settings module.
- Select the Access & Privacy tab.
- Under the Guest mode & registration section, enable the Guest Mode toggle.
- Enable the In-App registration toggle.
How will Participants register through the platform
Once you have the feature enabled and have provided your unregistered participants with the event's URL, they will be able to register by clicking on Join the event.
Note: the link to your event is https://app.swapcard.com/event/[your-event].
From there, there are two options based on the situation:
- If they already had a Swapcard account
The Participants will log in using their email address and password. A pop-up message will prompt them to Register in one click.
- If they do not have a Swapcard account
A pop-up message will appear for them to create a new account. After creating an account, they will be automatically added to your event.
At this time, it is not possible to add more Custom Fields to this form (i.e. Job, Company). That being said, we would suggest encouraging your Participants to fill out their profile on their end with the additional Custom Fields that you have created on the Studio.
- By default, Participants who register through the In-App Registration will be part of the Attendee group. Reminder that you will always have the option to edit the group(s) to which a Participant will be a part of.
- You can simultaneously have the In-App Registration feature enabled and use an external integration tool.
- If you would like to know what Participants have registered using In-App Registration vs. your external ticketing tool, you can go to the Studio > Data > People > Source > select Event code. Participants who register from the In-App registration will fall into Event code by default.