Zoom allows you to broadcast a meeting using Swapcard Stream, our RTMP feature.
- Zoom Account: Pro, Business, Education, or Enterprise
- Host: Licensed
- Zoom desktop client: macOS: 4.0.29208.0410 or higher / Windows: 4.0.29183.0407 or higher
Setting up a Session with Swapcard Stream
Prior to integration with Zoom, you need to set up a Session with Swapcard Stream. To do so, please check Setting up a Session with Swapcard Stream (RTMP) and then proceed as explained below.
Integrating Swapcard Stream with Zoom
1. To connect a Zoom Stream to Swapcard Stream, the Zoom Meeting Host need to click the More button in the Zoom interface and choose Live on Custom Live Stream Service
2. Zoom will then display a dialog box to set up and start the RTMP broadcast.
At this point, go back to the Swapcard Studio and open the Session you wish to link. There, copy the RTMP URL and RTMP Key found under RTMP stream settings and preview.
Paste these two in the Zoom dialog box: RTMP URL = Streaming URL / RTMP Key = Streaming Key
In Live streaming page URL you can enter the URL of your website or event platform. Please note that this field is irrelevant streaming-wise as it serves no other purpose than a page redirection from Zoom.
Click Go Live! once ready.
Testing the stream in the Swapcard Studio and in the Event App
In order to test your stream, please make sure that the Session start time is either ongoing or set in the future. It won't work if it's already over.
Then, you can click on the Preview only button to test it.
To preview your Session in the Event App, you need to make sure that your Session start time is in the past so it can be displayed as Live in Swapcard. Then, you simply need to head to the corresponding Session to watch it as an Attendee.
- If you want to stream multiple Sessions through Zoom leveraging our RTMP feature, it is necessary that you create a URL for each Session separately.