By creating a Live Session button, you can allow Attendees to be redirected to whichever Session is live at the current moment directly from the homepage of your event.
Once on the Session page, Attendees will have the option to enable or disable Auto-follow using the dedicated toggle. When Auto-follow is enabled, Attendees will automatically be redirected to whichever Session is live next.
Session format, the Live Session button, and Auto-follow
Live stream and Pre-recorded Sessions can both be accessed through the Live Session button.
Sessions bookmarked by Attendees will not interfere in the normal chronological flow of Sessions either.
The only setting that may affect Auto-follow is the Session start and end time. If several Sessions start or end at the exact same time, Attendees will randomly be redirected to a Session that is ongoing. The same will apply when Auto-follow is enabled. It is therefore important to keep the Auto-follow logic when you set the start and end times of each Session.
Note: If you are using a YouTube or Vimeo video ID, the video will not automatically play once the countdown to the beginning of the Session has ended. Instead, Attendees will have to click on the play button to watch the video. To set up autoplay, please check the following articles:
Setting up Auto-follow when several Sessions are held at the same time
In this case, you have two options:
- Changing the Session start or end time by one second in order to make sure that the earliest session will play first.
- Creating several live Session buttons and setting up multi-content.
My Sessions cover two topics, “Best Practices” and “Creative Tips.” I want to create a Live Session button for each topic in order for Attendees who click on a certain button to be redirected to Sessions that correspond to a particular topic.
- When I add Sessions on the platform, in the “Topic” field, I enter “Best Practices” or “Creative Tips.”
- I create two Live Session buttons that I name “Best Practices Stream” and “Creative Tips Stream”
- In the settings of the Best Practices Stream button, I do not modify anything in the Visibility settings. In the Data tab, I add a condition on the Topic and select Best Practices.
- In the settings of the Creative Tips Stream button, I do not modify anything in the Visibility settings. In the Data tab, I add a condition on the Topic and select Creative Tips.
Once multi-content is set up, Attendees will automatically be redirected to whichever Session is live based on the condition added to the button. Therefore, if a Session on "Best Practices" is held at the same time as a Session on "Creative Tips", Attendees will only be redirected to a Session that corresponds to the topic of the button they choose. Auto-follow will also follow this condition.
Visibility settings and Auto-follow
In order for Attendees to be able to properly use the Live Session button and Auto-follow, it is important to check the visibility settings of the button as well as in the Event settings.
- In the settings of the Creative Tips Stream button, I did not modify anything in the Visibility settings. As a result all my Attendees will be able to see the button. In the Data tab, I added a condition on the Topic and selected Creative Tips.
- In Event settings, under the Groups tab, I added a condition on the Topic of sessions and did NOT select Creative tips for the Attendees group. As a result, the Attendee group cannot watch any Session that has the Creative tips topic.
- As a result, although members of the Attendees group will be able to see the Creative Tips Stream button, they will not be able to access any of the Sessions under the button.