Swapcard Stream is a feature that makes it easy for Organizers to broadcast high quality, professional-looking live streams. Swapcard Stream provides Organizers more flexibility as it allows them to directly connect web conferencing tools like Zoom or Microsoft Teams to Swapcard. Swapcard Stream also provides powerful data to give Organizers key insights to improve audience engagement.
Another good news is that Setting up Swapcard Stream is super easy!
Creating a Session
First things first – you need to create a Session, which can be done as follow:
- Log in to the Studio
- Go to Content > Sessions, and click on the Add Sessions button
- You can then import your Sessions via an Excel file, or create one Session at a time manually. For the purpose of this article, we will go with the latter.
- Pick a Session title, Start date, Start time and End time, and click the Create button.
Setting up a Session with Swapcard Stream
Once the Session has been created, open it in the Studio, and proceed as follow:
- Under Format, choose Live stream – please note it's the only format that works with Swapcard Stream
- Pick RTMP (Swapcard Streaming) from the Live streaming platform dropdown menu
- Right below, set an Availability start date, and optionally, an Availability end date. This will prompt the platform to generate an RTMP URL and a Stream key. These can be copied for the purpose of using them as credentials to connect the stream to a third-party (OBS, Restream, Streamyard, etc...). You can preview the stream by clicking on Preview only.
- Recordings: You can record streams powered by Swapcard Stream. For this, you simply need to toggle on the Record the stream option. Recordings are available under each Session, and can be played or downloaded as soon as they are terminated. In order to publish recordings, you can copy the URL and use it as an iFrame video ID on any Session.
- Switch RTMP credentials: If any issue is detected while streaming, such as bandwidth, quality, servers, and so on, we are giving you the option to regenerate your credentials anytime during the stream so you can avoid streaming issues.
- Control live stream from Studio: You can manually start and stop streaming directly from the preview window instead of returning to your third-party software. This option will override the availability start/end time, giving you more control over your streaming.