The People tab displays all individuals participating in the event, whether they belong to the Attendee group, Exhibitors, Speakers, Staff or Media.
If you want to edit how and where these individuals are displayed on the application, or to offer the possibility to filter the participants for searching purposes, please refer to the following steps:
Login on studio.swapcard.com. From the dropdown menu on the left, select the People tab. Then, click on People settings from where you will be able to Add custom field for your Attendees.
Please refer to these screenshots below for reference:
Custom fields are fields that you can create for your event and that will be associated to the participants of the event. They allow you to add all useful information needed to classify participants into different categories.
They also allow you to create filters that facilitate the looking up of participants based on certain categories.
Please note that custom fields will only be visible on the People page on the front end if there is at least one participant classified under that particular field. In other words, the custom field will not be visible if it does not link to a single participant. In fact, because custom fields allow to filter the list of participants, if there is no participant attached to the custom field value, no results will be displayed.
The Delete button allows you to delete the custom field.
How to create custom fields
To create a custom field, click on Add custom field, and then define the Label (this is what the custom field will show up as on the People page). Finally, select one of the choices in the drop down menu under Format.
The format of the custom field can be one of these values:
- Short text: This value allows you to add a short text in the custom field. This is useful for fields such as Profession or E-mail address.
- Long text: This allows you to add a longer text in the custom field. This is useful for fields such as Address or Bio.
- Multiple texts: This allows you to add multiple texts in the custom field.
- Single choice: This allows you to add multiple options to a list from where the user can only pick one option. This is useful for fields such as Country or City.
- Multiple choices: This allows you to add multiple options to a list from where the user can pick multiple options. This is useful for fields such as Group member status or Proficiencies.
- URL: This field allows you to add a URL link. This is useful for fields such as Website or LinkedIn profiles.
- Number: This allows you to add numbers. This is useful for fields such as Age.
- Date: This field allows you to add dates. This is useful for fields such as Birthday.
- Picture: This field allows you to add pictures.
How to use custom fields
For the sake of this example, suppose that you want your Attendees to indicate all their Proficiencies. You can proceed in 2 ways:
1. Login on studio.swapcard.com and go on the People page. After clicking on People settings, click on Add custom field. On the pop-up page that appears, define the Label as "Proficiencies", and then choose the format Multiple texts.
- This allows participants to write all their proficiencies in the new custom field.
- The advantage with this is that participants can write a unique proficiency that has not already been defined.
- In consequence, please be advised that it is possible that spelling mistakes will appear with this option.
2. Login on studio.swapcard.com and go on the People page. After clicking on People settings, click on Add custom field. On the pop-up page that appears, define the Label as "Proficiencies", and then choose the format Multiple choices.
- This allows participants to choose options from a predefined list of options. This list will be chosen by you, the organizer, at the creation of the custom field.
Click on Create custom field.
After creating the custom field, it will be visible on the list of custom fields. To edit an existing custom field, click on the pencil icon.
If you opted for the Multiple choice format, you can add values by clicking on Add value under the "Value" section in the pop-up window that appears after clicking the pencil icon.